2019 YGAP yher Africa Accelerator Program for Female Entrepreneurs
Deadline: August 15, 2019.
More women are pursuing entrepreneurship in Africa per capita than anywhere else in the world. With the success of our 2017 Accelerator program, we will be running yher again in 2018, bringing together another impressive group of African female founders. Women running high-impact ventures aimed at improving the lives of people living in poverty across the continent will be eligible to apply for our accelerator program and receive all the support and benefits that accompany it.
Their exclusive accelerator program aims to back female-led impact ventures across the Pacific. Their program runs in a number of stages:
1. ACCELERATOR: A week-long intensive entrepreneurship program designed to fast track your early stage venture. We’ll provide training and mentorship while also connecting you to an inspiring group of fellow female entrepreneurs working hard to create a better world.
2. MENTORSHIP: Connection to a network of mentors from across the world throughout the Accelerator week, providing you with a wealth of entrepreneurship experience to help you build a bulletproof strategy for impact and growth.
3. HIGH-TEA: An opportunity for you to network with potential funders, mentors and supporters and to pitch your venture as the week comes to a close at an exclusive, invite-only high-tea event.
4. FUNDING: A total of $25,000 in prize funding is available for the winners of our peer review and audience votes.
5. GROWTH SUPPORT: Potential to qualify for Growth support, including ongoing tailored support and grant or investment funding of $10,000 to $50,000 AUD to help scale your venture.
6. COMMUNITY: Ongoing connection with our virtual community to help you along your entrepreneurial journey. Keep each other inspired and accountable with monthly check-ins, mastermind sessions and knowledge sharing.
1. Female-Led Ventures: You must have at least one female co-founder who will participate in the program.
2. Local: You intimately understand the problem that you are trying to solve.
3. Social Impact: Your venture must exist to improve the lives of people living in poverty.
4. Support Women and Girls: While not required, we preference ventures that have a clear mandate or mission to uplift females in some way.
5. In the Early Stages: You will have already launched a venture or run a pilot and have some early traction or proof of concept. You will typically have less than 100 customers or clients and have been in operation less than two years.