2019 World Peace Initiative Grant for Young Leaders and Entrepreneurs
Deadline: March 31, 2019.
World Peace Initiative (WPI) is an international non-profit organization headquartered in Thailand. Our activities are based on the firm belief that world peace can be achieved, if each of us works first on achieving our own inner peace and then shares it with our family, friends, and community. World peace can then be achieved by using this model on a global scale.
WPI is working to create inner peace through the personal development of individuals worldwide. Through our activities, we offer free tools that support the practice of mindfulness, stimulate personal development, and empower people to be the change they want to see in the world. WPI has organized 64 fellowships for young leaders from all over the world, Peace Summits, and meditation retreats worldwide. WPI also trains certified meditation instructors, making sure that meditation guidance is of high quality and easily accessible to local communities around the world. We have 71 certified meditation instructors speaking 36 different languages.
In order to participate in this program, there are certain project requirements:
- The project will be carried out in the Africa region by Africans only.
- The project should be initiated originally by you and your team, not a copy of a previously implemented project and not something copied from somewhere else.
- The project should not violate any human or animal rights or be involved in any process of killing or harming the lives of any other beings.
- The project can’t be involved in any kind of trade of financial securities or cryptocurrencies.
- The project should have a positive social impact with a reach of at least 200 people.
- The project must be environmental friendly.
- The project can’t involve any kind of hate or harsh speech.
- This project can’t involve the use of or promotion of intoxicating substances such as alcohol, cigarettes, or illicit drugs.
- The project’s duration should be no more than 90 days.
- The project must somehow involve mindfulness and meditation and be able to show how mindfulness and meditation can benefit the project.
- The project should ideally have a plan for long term sustainability
1. Winning up to 3,000 USD to implement the proposed project.
2. The opportunity of having one of our certified meditation instructors as an advisor for the implementation of the mindfulness aspect of the program and as a trainer at no cost.
3. The aim of the grant is to support projects that make a positive change in society and promote mindfulness and meditation as a tool to improve people’s quality of life.
4. The project should be implemented over a course of 90 days.
5. The winner should report the results of the project to WPI in two phases, 45 days after the project launch and on the final day of the project (Day 90).
6. If the project is successfully implemented, the team will also be sponsored to attend one of our training programs or meditation retreats.
7. The top 20 applicants of the grant will be given preference to attend one of our Peace Revolution African fellowships in 2019 if they apply.
There are two ways to Apply.Either you apply via the website form or you can submit your project proposal in the form of 7 presentation slides (powerpoint or google slides) and send a separate budget and budget narrative to [email protected] .