2019 Westpac Social Change Fellowship for Australian Citizens
Deadline: August 2, 2019
If you had the chance to take the time to develop yourself, and increase your impact, would you do it? The Westpac Social Change Fellowship is both empowering and inspiring. Unlike other social innovation programs, we focus on the growth and development of the extraordinary individuals leading social change in Australia.
This all about you. And what you need to grow as a leader.
1. They are looking for individuals who have a particular set of qualities that sets them apart from others.
2. They have generosity of spirit and a strong desire to give back to Australia.
3. Their commitment to our country’s broader social purpose, to create equal opportunity and better lives for all Australians, is reflected in their work and their actions.
Each year, up to 10 successful candidates will receive:
A. An investment up to the value of $50,000 in their personal capacity to lead social change: The Fellowship will enable you to create and put in place a personalised development plan designed to build your capability, knowledge and networks. The aim of the program is to give you the time and space to invest in yourself, to become an even more effective leader. The funding may be directed towards covering:
1. Costs associated with overseas or domestic travel to attend conferences or study
2. Meetings with organisations delivering leading practice in your field of social
3. Short courses.
4. Research, stakeholder engagement and networking opportunities to build
stronger connections with relevant people and organisations.
5. Mentoring and coaching.
B. Lifelong membership of Westpac 100 Scholars Network
Fellows will be invited to join the Westpac 100 Scholars Network, a network that connects those with bold ideas to build a better future for all Australians. Growing by 100 Westpac Scholars each year, the Westpac 100 Scholars Network offers lifelong access to networking, mentorship, collaboration, learning and development opportunities. The W100 is an incredible platform that will enable every Westpac Scholar to surround themselves with a diverse group of other inspiring leaders. This is a community driven network, where Scholars actively support each other to help achieve their goals.
C. Invitation to the Westpac Scholars Summit (2-3rd April 2020)
Westpac Scholars from our five scholarship programs will come together in Sydney in April 2020 to participate in tailored workshops, hear from business and academic luminaries, and form connections with fellow scholars.
D. Leadership Development Program
All 2020 Social Change Fellows will complete a leadership development program together. Dates will be confirmed with successful Fellowship recipients in December. The expected time commitment in-person is 4 days. Costs of this program and travel are included within the final Fellowship budget.
- You are an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident
- You are over the age of 18
- You are applying for funds to build your capability, skills, experience and connections to deliver social change
- You are already leading an initiative to improve the wellbeing of Australians at a local, state or national level
- You have the support of the community that your initiative is seeking to benefit
- You have a keen desire to share ideas with others, to be challenged, to be inspired