2019 V4 Fall School on Media Training for Young Media Makers in Slovakia
Deadline: October 2, 2019.
What kind of stories and perspectives on climate change and fake news are you missing in Visegrad media today? Are you enthusiastic young media maker (student, recent graduate or young professional), interested in media literacy who wants to acquire new qualified competences?
V4 Fall School on Media is a training course that aims at raising professional competences of young media makers as well as introducing them to current trends in the field of media. Over the course of the training, you will experience three days of media workshops and produce a media story that lifts new perspectives on the selected topics. It could be in the form of written text, photos, video, podd, social media etc – you decide! Materials produced will be published online as open educational resources.
- Young media makers (student or recent graduate), representatives of non-governmental organisations focused on media, people interested in media literacy, critical thinking, and media analysis;
- Between 18-30 years old
- Citizens or legal residents of Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland.
- Proficient in English.
- Get practical skills to be able to report for traditional, digital, and social media in a balanced and fair way;
- Participate also in practical workshops such as TV, photography, social media and newspaper.
- Get knowledge of theoretical framework (concepts) of the media literacy and fake news
- Work and network in a non-formal way in the multicultural environment
- Produce a report on the topic of the training through their medium of choice
In the application form, you will pitch a story that you want to focus on during the training and information about your previous experiences, interests and why you want to be part of the training. Interested candidates are invited to apply by filling in this online form