2019 UNOY Young Peacebuilders’ Forum
Deadline: May 15, 2019.
Building on the peacebuilding momentum in the region, UNOY Peacebuilders’ 5th edition of the Young Peacebuilders’ Forum will take place in Bogota, Colombia, from 15 to 18 July 2019 and will bring together 60 young peacebuilders from the Americas and beyond. This year’s theme, chosen by our members in the Americas, is ‘Leaving No Youth Behind Through Resolution 2250 and Agenda 2030’.
To shape this unique forum and its legacy, to bolster your capacity as a young peacebuilder, and be part of an empowering collective of like-minded changemakers, they encourage you to share your experiences and apply, if you are:
- Aged between 18 and 30;
- Fluent in English and/or Spanish—it is important to us that you feel comfortable to participate! We will operate a peer-to-peer translation system, so you only need to be fluent in one of the two languages.
- Involved in building peace in your community, in any way!
They welcome both UNOY Peacebuilders’ member organisations and non-members to apply, as this forum offers a fantastic opportunity to expand our network by connecting with and learning from one another. Priority will be given to participants who:
- Have experience in fields related to peacebuilding and conflict transformation;
- Are currently active in a youth peace organisation;
- Have experience with and/or represent marginalised communities;
- Are committed to applying the outcomes of the forum to their own work.
Accommodation, food, and travel costs are fully covered (in compliance with our reimbursement guidelines). The forum is supported by the Swedish International Development Agency.
The selection of participants will be based on applicants’ motivation and experience, as well as gender balance and diverse representation.
Due to funding restrictions and the regional focus of the forum, this call is only open for participants based in the following countries:
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Caribbean Netherlands, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curaçao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Falkland Islands, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Maartin, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States of America, United States Virgin Islands, Uruguay, Venezuela.
Guiding questions for the motivation video:
- Tell us about yourself and why you would you like to participate in the forum?
- What would you like to learn from the forum?
- How would you contribute to the forum?
- How do you hope to use the outcomes of this forum for your work?