2019 University of Sussex – TechPoint Africa Inspired TechNovation Challenge
Deadline: May 25, 2019.
The future of Africa is undoubtedly technologically oriented and this means technology will solve a lot of problems on the continent. This is why Techpoint Africa is partnering with The University of Sussex in England on the “Inspired Technovation Challenge”.
This is a perfect partnership because over the years, Techpoint has spread the gospel of technology in Africa. The University of Sussex on the other hand is a world class institution with an extensive curricula for intensive studies in many fields of technology and engineering, amongst others.
This competition is aimed at identifying, inspiring, encouraging and recognising future innovators, techpreneurs, data scientists and artificial intelligence engineers in Africa for the fourth industrial revolution and the future of work.
1. Submit a disruptive and tech-driven innovation that has the potential to transform Africa’s future of work in a 700-word pitch document or 3-minute video.
2. The top five innovations will be invited to pitch their ideas to a panel of experts at TechPoint Inspired.
1. One postgraduate scholarship worth £6,000 and ₦70,000 for first place (terms and conditions apply) and mentoring from Techpoint Africa
2. ₦50,000 for First Runner-up and mentoring from Techpoint Africa
3. ₦30,000 for Second Runner-up and mentoring from Techpoint Africa
4. Consolation prizes for fourth and fifth places
5. One scholarship of up to £6,000 discount in tuition will be awarded upon enrolment at the University of Sussex in September, 2019 to study one of the following eligible postgraduate courses:
- Computing with Digital Media MSc
- Advanced Computer Science MSc
- Data Science Msc (TBC)
- Information Technology with Business and Management MSc
- Intelligent and Adaptive Systems MSc
- Management of Information Technology MSc
- 5G Mobile Communications and Intelligent Embedded Systems (with an industrial placement year) MSc
- 5G Mobile Communications and Intelligent Embedded Systems MSc
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering MSc
- Digital Signal and Image Processing MSc
- Engineering Business Management MSc
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems (with a Masters industrial placement) MSc
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems (with an industrial placement year) MSc
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems MSc