2019 University of Oxford Map the System Global Competition
Deadline: January 28, 2019.
Map the System is a competition that asks students and educators to think differently about social and environmental change. They are asking you to select a social or environmental issue and to explore, probe and research all the connecting elements and factors around it. We want you to present this issue back to us in a way that people can understand, share, and learn from.
Map the System is run by the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, in partnership with educational institutions across the world who each run the competition at their institution.
The Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship works to accelerate ‘entrepreneuring’ activity that seeks to transform unjust and unsatisfactory systems and practices. We are an integral part of Saïd Business School, University of Oxford; promoting positive social transformation through developing talent, facilitating research and fostering collaboration among business, policy, academic and social leaders.
1. You can apply for Map the System as an individual or in a team of up to 5 people.
2. At least one member of the team must be a current student at a partner institution (enrolled on a course of 6 months or longer).
3. A recent graduate of a partner institution (having completed studies within 12 months of the date you register for the competition).
4. Students may be at undergraduate, diploma, postgraduate or doctoral level.
5. Your institution may have additional eligibility criteria. Please get in touch with your local Map the System contact for further information.
At the Global Final in Oxford, teams from all over the world will compete to win cash prizes. In addition, partner universities may provide their own prizes to finalists.
1st Prize – £4,000 cash prize
2nd Prize – £3,000 cash prize
3rd Prize – £2,000 cash prize