2019 UNESCO-UNEVOC Skills in Action Photo Competition
Deadline: June 7, 2019.
Do you have photography skills? Whether you are an amateur or professional, don’t miss your chance to enter the UNESCO-UNEVOC #SkillsinAction Photo Competition! This competition is organized as part of the UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre’s activities to mark World Youth Skills Day 2019.
1. You are welcome to participate as long as:
- you are at least 18 years old.
- you are the owner or copyright holder of the photo entry/entries.
2. The photos should highlight the opportunities that Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) provides for young people between the ages of 15 – 29.
3. They want you to capture interesting moments when skills are in action, showing how TVET and skills development can contribute to one of the following:
- Encouraging youth employment and entrepreneurship – photos of youth demonstrating their skills on the job.
- Promoting TVET for all – photos highlighting access to TVET for everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or disability.
- TVET for green societies – photos showing how skilled young people can apply their knowledge and expertise to create more sustainable practices in the world of work.
- Promoting Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) and digital skills – photos showing how ICTs and digital skills can improve widespread access of young people to TVET and prepare them for the jobs of the future.
The photos should focus on young people who are engaged in activities that are enabling the achievement of any of the above priorities.
The winners of the #SkillsInAction Photo Competition will receive the following prizes:
- 1st prize – 500 USD
- 2nd prize – 300 USD
- 3rd prize – 150 USD
Winning photographs and finalists will receive a certificate and their entries will be featured on the UNESCO-UNEVOC website and its social media platforms in celebration of #WYSD (World Youth Skills Day).
- All photos should be submitted with a title, a brief paragraph (not more than 100 words) explaining the context of the photo and indicating where and when it was taken, and a short biography introducing yourself.
- All photos should be submitted in jpeg format. The longer side should be at least 3,000 pixels. The entrants are allowed to digitally manipulate the photos slightly and state the nature of manipulation. Please do not include any marks, logos, watermarks or borders on your photos.
- Your photos should be related to the themes mentioned above.
After taking your photo/s
1. Download the Skills-in-Action Photo Competition submission form.
2. Open the file and fill up the personal information part. Make sure that you provide your complete mailing address. Upon being shortlisted, we will use this address to send your printed certificate.
3. Add a title and write a short description for every photo. Make sure that you rename photo files with your title: title.jpeg, or “title.tiff (example: Female-shoemaker.jpeg, Female-shoemaker.tiff)
4. Make sure you agree and comply with the Terms and Conditions. (Can also be found in the submission form) and sign the form with date and signature above your printed name.
5. Print the form and take a picture of it with the date, your name and signature. Make sure that the contents are readable. Rename the file in this format: Lastname_SkillsinAction19.jpeg for example – Sibomana_SkillsinAction19.jpeg.
6. Send the completed form picture along with the original photos files to unevoc.skills(at)unesco.org with the following email subject heading Lastname_SkillsinAction19. (In case the text contents are not readable, please forward the filled-up digital copy of the submission form)
Some email providers have attachment size limits. In case of multiple entries that cannot be sent via email, you can use any cloud storage servers such as “WeTransfer”, as long as it has direct link with no sign-up required to download.