2019 UN Sustainable Development Goals WE Empower Challenge for Women Entrepreneurs
Deadline: May 8, 2019.
The WE Empower Challenge is a global business competition for women entrepreneurs who are advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to create the world we want by 2030.
To be eligible to enter this competition, applicants must meet all of the following criteria. Finalists will be required to provide evidence of sales (i.e. tax returns and/or audited financial records).
- I am woman entrepreneur with lead decision making ability in a business
- My business has been in operation for more than three years
- I employ at least three full time staff (or full time equivalent)
- My business generates at least $100,000 USD in annual sales
- I am proficient in spoken and written English
- I am at least 21 years old
- I am available to travel to NYC between Monday 22 September 2019 – Sunday 29 September 2019
The WE Empower UN SDG Challenge Regional Awardees will receive an all expenses paid trip to New York to participate in special events during the UN Global Goals Week (September 22-29, 2019)
- All flights, accommodations and incidentals while in New York.
- A special curated week-long agenda in New York with individualized trainings, high level dialogues at the UN, and coaching on communications and speech prep in preparation for the pitch evening night.
- Participation in an evening event hosted by Diane von Furstenberg that brings together top business leaders, celebrities and the media for a dynamic pitch competition where each Regional Awardee presents her business to pitch for a $40,000 cash grant.
- Attendance at a high-level dialogue with senior UN Officials, the Council of Women World Leaders and the Women Political Leaders Global Forum
- Featured as speakers in a panel discussion at an intimate high-level dinner reception hosted by the G5 Collective and Vital Voices. The G5 Collective is a coalition of high-level leaders across sectors all dedicated to jump-starting progress around UN SDG Goal #5 and the women related targets across the other 16 Goals.
- Participation in Global Citizen week events including attending the Global Citizen Festival in Central Park on Saturday.
- Invitation to the UN Private Sector Forum which will be held during the UN Secretary General’s Climate Summit on 23 September.
- Register an account and apply today!
- Complete your application (you may save your progress)
- Attach your 2-minute video
- Submit your entry
Applicants are required to complete and submit an online application, which includes a two-minute video. The online application process may take up to one hour to complete