2019 UN SDG Action Awards
Deadline: January 30, 2019.
To meet the SDGs we need everyone to take action. We are calling for the top mobilizers, storytellers, campaigners, connectors, visualizers, includers and creatives across the world who are making this happen!
Every year, the UN SDG Action Awards recognize individuals, civil society organizations, subnational governments, foundations, networks, private sector leaders who are advancing the global movement for the Sustainable Development Goals in the most transformative, impactful and innovative way.
Winners are presented at a breathtaking Awards Ceremony on the first night of the Global Festival of Action for Sustainable Development and their initiatives and projects highlighted throughout the year as an inspiration and role model to the growing global community of SDG leaders, decision-makers and influencers.
1. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
2. Projects led by UN entities and national governments will be eligible for honourable mentions only.
3. However if a government or UN project is co-organized with non-governmental partners, the partners are encouraged to apply on behalf of the project.
4. Active participants in UN SDG Action Campaign programmes such as MYWorld, the Global Day to Act for SDGs are strongly encouraged to apply.
5. Projects that have been closely co-developed with the UN SDG Action Campaign or as part of a signed partnership agreement with the Campaign would not be considered eligible.
6. You can choose to tell your story in your own language. However please note that applications will be judged and all communications about the awards will be in English.
7. Organisations can enter into multiple categories if each entry represents a different initiative
1. Shortlisted finalists will be invited to join and feature their work at the Global Festival of Action for Sustainable Development from 2-4 May 2019, in Bonn, Germany.
2. Winners will be recognized at a special UN SDG Action Awards Ceremony held at the Festival on the evening of 2 May.
3. Winners will be recognized as SDG Action Partners and their work featured throughout the year to raise their visibility and share their stories and inspiring work with the SDG community.
For any further queries, please contact: [email protected]