2019 TWAS-SAREP Regional Young Scientists’ Prize for Africans
Deadline: August 5, 2019.
The World Academy of Sciences Sub-Saharan Africa Regional Partner wishes to invite you to nominate suitable candidates for the TWAS-SAREP Regional Young Scientists’ Prize 2019 on Infectious Diseases.
TWAS-SAREP seeks to honour an outstanding young scientist/Investigator in health sciences who has made significant contribution to: the prevention and control of communicable and non-communicable infectious diseases initiatives in developing countries. The ideal candidate would have contributed through research output that demonstrates impact on human health; advocacy for health equity; training and mentorship of investigators; excellent contributions through clinical or basic research in infectious diseases; recognised contributions to public health through scientific achievements, philanthropy and policy related engagements. Moreover, the ideal candidate must have been involved in community engagement and must have published in a reputable, high impact journal.
- Nominees must be nationals of countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Nominees must have a PhD and be 40 years or below.
- Nominees must have made significant contributions to the prevention and control of communicable and non-communicable infectious diseases initiatives in the developing countries
- Nominees must be scientists who have been working and living in a developing country for at least three years.
The award comprises a certificate with a citation of the winner’s scientific achievement, as well as a cash prize of 2000 USD. The winner will be formally announced at the Science Forum South Africa 2019.
- Nominations are invited from TWAS Fellows, AAS Fellows, Fellow/Members of National Academies and Young Academies of science in the region, research institutions, research councils and universities in the region.
- The nomination of women and scientists from STLCs and LDCs is highly encouraged.
- Access Nomination form here: TWAS-SAREP RYSP 19
- The completed form should be submitted before or on 5 August 2019, late submissions/incomplete nominations will not be accepted; all nominations must be submitted online using the provided form and all the supporting documents must be forwarded to email@example.com. NB: Nominations without requested documents will not be considered.
- When submitting attachments, the subject of the email must quote the surname of the nominee e.g Morokong_TWAS-SAREP RYSP 19