2019 Trust for Sustainable Living International Schools Essay Competition
Deadline: December 20, 2018.
The Trust for Sustainable Living is pleased to invite schoolchildren around the world to share their unique perspectives on the role young people can play in achieving UN Sustainable Development Goal #15 – to conserve and sustainably manage life on land.
For more information, please see the links below including How to enter, The brief, Judging criteria and Entry resources. To participate, schools must first register a Teacher Champion – see Register or Login below.
The essay competition is aimed at primary students and secondary students, supported by Teacher Champions, parents and schools.
All students and Teacher Champions who participate in the essay competition are warmly invited to attend the 2019 International Schools Debates in British Columbia, Canada (8-12 July, 2019).
1. Each essay writer or video creator warrants that he/she personally created, wrote and produced his/her essay or video submission, except where otherwise quoted or credited in the essay or video.
2. Individuals under the age of 19 and anyone else who is below the age of majority of their place of residence must have the consent of a parent or legal guardian to enter the competition and be eligible to receive any prizes.
3. Teacher Champions represent their school and submit all the children’s essays. Children can participate in one of two categories – Primary Schools (ages 7-11) or Secondary Schools (ages 11-17).
The winner of the Grand Prize essay will receive:
- Return economy class air travel for up to three people (including the winner, the winner’s parent or legal guardian if the winner is a minor, and the registered teacher champion) between a major airport near the winner’s residence and the 2019 International Schools Debates in British Columbia (in July 2019) for a period of approximately 5 days. Once the tickets are purchased by the TRUST FOR SUSTAINABLE LIVING, travel dates cannot be changed and any fees related to booking changes will be the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner.
- Accommodation in up to 2 hotel rooms (one for the winning student & parent/legal guardian and one for the Teacher Champion) arranged by TRUST FOR SUSTAINABLE LIVING for approximately 5 nights.
- Spending money to cover daily expenses, up to £100 per day and £500 in total for the Grand Prize winner.