2019 TechBridge Invest Challenge for Entrepreneurs/Startups
Deadline: December 13, 2018.
Are you an inventor, maker, entrepreneur, coder, or have an exciting project that you would like to turn into a viable business? TechBridge Challenge 2019 is looking for ideas to start up!
The 4th TechBridge Challenge will be held in Mombasa, Kenya from January to March 2019. Applications will be open to students, and those graduated, or already established young entrepreneurs in Mombasa County and other parts of the Coast region.
This year’s TechBridge Challenge will focus on business ideas within the following four themes:
1. Digitalization of businesses: How can mobile phones and digital tools generate more value, both ‘business to business’ and ‘business to consumer’?
2. Innovative business ideas for coastal resources: Can the natural resources in the Coastal region generate more income through a more efficient value chain using tech?
3. New electronic and IT technology in a Kenyan setting: How can new technology, such as drones, 3D printing and virtual reality (and others), be used in an innovative way to create business opportunities?
4. Circular Economy: How can businesses in waste management, recycling and sustainable food supply be part of the thriving economy?
- The participation is open for current and recently graduated students of universities, colleges, institutions, and other young entrepreneurs with startups within Mombasa, Kilifi, Lamu, Taita-Taveta, Tana River and Kwale. Participation is free of charge.
- your idea must be new, not having received any seed-funding or won competitions anywhere else, and should be a product or service using technology.
This year, the challenge is to validate your product in the market and include the results of this in your final pitch.
- Prizes for the winners have a total value of more than KES 1,000,000.
- Winner: Cash Prize of KES. 30,000, Seed money of KES. 70,000 and 9 months incubation, international mentoring and access to further investment.
- 1st Runner’s Up: Cash Prize of KES. 20,000, Seed money of KES. 50,000 and 9 months incubation, international mentoring and access to further investment.
- 2nd Runner’s Up: Cash prize of KES. 10,000, Seed money of KES. 30,000 and 9 months incubation, international mentoring and access to further investment.
- Potentially, 7 other winners awarded Seed money, 9 months incubation program, international mentoring and access to further investment.