2019 SWITCH-Asia Leadership Academy on Circular Economy
Deadline: October 13, 2019.
The overall objective of the EU funded SWITCH-Asia programme is to promote sustainable and inclusive growth, contribute to the economic prosperity and poverty reduction in Asia and Central Asia and to a transition towards a low-carbon, resource-efficient and circular economy.
- To shift mindsets and inspire action towards a circular economy across young professionals in Asia.
- To increase knowledge and understanding of circular economy by future decision-makers.
- To enhance a network of junior professionals across Asia in the field of circular economy.
- To showcase circular economy policies and best practices.
- Young participants from countries in Asia who are already working in a topic related to circular economy. Junior Government professionals
- Junior private sector professionals or development consultants
- Junior professionals from the civil society sector
The Academy stimulates the sharing of experiences, cases studies and stories from Asia and the EU on circular economy. It includes:
- Interdisciplinary, project-based, and participatory approaches.
- The possibility of being part of a growing network of young professionals working with circular economy in Asia.
- Economy travel, accommodation and course registration will be covered.
Candidates meeting the following criteria could apply to participate in the 2019 SWITCH-Asia Leadership Academy Leadership for Circular Economy programme:
- Citizen or national of one of the following countries: Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka;
- To be one of the following: i) Junior Government professionals; ii)Junior private sector professionals; iii)Junior professionals from the civil society sector;
- To be already working on a topic related to Circular Economy.
Candidates are required to have completed as a minimum a first university degree in environment, development, engineering, policy, economics or relevant discipline. Completion of postgraduate degree and/or professional training relevant to sustainable development would be considered favorably. To apply for Leadership for Circular Economy programme, participants should:
- Complete online application form
- Prepare an application letter explaining the circular economy topic they are currently working on and how they plan to apply the knowledge of this Academy to this work (1-3 pages)
- Provide a brief CV (one page)
- Provide a copy of degrees obtained
- Online Registration here Link
- If you can’t access the online registration form, please download
the offline form Here