2019 Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals
Deadline: February 14, 2019.
Do you have ambition, leadership experience and a strong professional background? You could study for a master’s degree in Sweden on a fully-funded Swedish Institute scholarship. The Swedish Institute (SI) is now launching the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), a new scholarship program which replaces Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS).
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) program is part of the Swedish government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden and administered by the Swedish Institute (SI). The program offers a unique opportunity for global professionals to develop professionally and academically, to experience Swedish society and culture, and to build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and with each other.
- You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated employment.
- You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 4 April 2019.
- You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment.
- You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for the scholarship programme.
- There are also conditions regarding dual citizenship, previous residence and studies in Sweden, and more.
- Applicants must be fromBangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university by them.
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month will be provided.
- A travel grant of SEK 15,000 * will be provided.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) a platform to grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden.
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development.
* The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire study period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
- A motivation letter:
- you must use the SISGP form for motivation letter 2019/2020. The form will be available in official link January 2019.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV):
- you must use the SISGP template for CV and the CV should not exceed the number of pages indicated in the template. Additional pages will not be considered. The template will be available in the official link January 2019.
- Two different letters of reference:
- you must use the SISGP form for the letter of reference. At least one letter of reference must be based on your work experience. It will be a merit if the second letter of reference is based on your involvement in networks or civil society organisations outside of your regular work. The letters should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organisation or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed and stamped; and then be uploaded as one PDF-file. You can find more information in the instruction in the form and in their FAQ. The form will be available here by the end of December 2018.
- Proof of work and leadership experience:
- you must use the SISGP form for proof of work and leadership experience. The work and leadership form should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organisation or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed and stamped; and then be uploaded as one PDF-file. You can find more information in the instruction in the form and in their FAQ. The form will be available here by the end of December 2018.
- A copy of your passport:
- your personal data including name, citizenship and photograph must be shown clearly. Copy of passport should be included together with the CV as the last page. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a copy of your valid passport to include.