2019 Swedish Institute Leader Lab for Young Leaders in South Asia and MENA Region
Deadline: May 7, 2019.
Are you an advocate of gender equality who want to grow as a leader, develop your advocacy skills and share knowledge in a network of inspirational peers?
The call for applications is now open for SI Leader Lab – a new leadership programme for advocates of gender equality who want to grow in their role and explore new tools and forms for collaboration.
SI Leader Lab 2019 will bring together 60 young influential civil society leaders in South Asia, the MENA region and Sweden who are active advocates of gender equality. The overarching objective is to strengthen leaders who are working for peaceful and inclusive societies.
The programme is an opportunity for you to develop your advocacy skills and work on strategic outreach within your focus area. It’s also an opportunity to grow as a leader, exchange experiences, form new connections and to try out innovative tools and methods with peers working in a similar context.
- Have a leading position (formal or informal) in a civil society organisation or network working for gender equality.
- Work in a collaborative setting, where you have a leadership role (formal or informal).
- Are between 22 and 32 years old (born 1987–1997).
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- Are a citizen of Algeria, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
- Are available to take part in all parts of the programme.
- Are prepared to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme to your team, organisation or other relevant actors.
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from module 1 and 3 in Sweden
- Insurance cover