2019 Swansea University Recruitment Marketing Assistant Vacancy
Deadline: March 10, 2019.
Sawnsea University are seeking to appoint a proactive Marketing Assistant to support the Recruitment Marketing team in developing the University’s recruitment marketing activity working closely with the Student Recruitment and Digital Marketing teams, along with wider directorate colleagues, to help meet ambitious recruitment targets helping to raise the profile of the University
Candidates should be highly organised, proactive and capable of working independently. The Assistant role is vital to the running of the recruitment marketing team and will be responsible for all elements of office management including finance, purchasing and general administration.
The Marketing section of MR&I is a high performing collaborative team working to maintain and enhance the University’s brand and reputation by developing and implementing a competitive marketing strategy which leads the University in all markets. The team of marketing professionals use their skills and knowledge to develop marketing campaigns and provide services to drive forward a marketing culture across the University to underpin the University’s strategic objectives of improving student recruitment and showcasing the University’s research
1. Undertake marketing administration (finance, purchasing, travel, hospitality) as required by the marketing team.
2. Support the Recruitment Marketing Manager and the Marketing Officers through implementation of marketing activities associated with the marketing plan.
3. Take responsibility for the correct use of brand and sub brand guidelines for the University.
4. Identify marketing opportunities and activities to advance student recruitment in all markets at all levels of study.
5. Provide assistance to the Marketing Officers in delivering targeted marketing campaigns e.g. producing advertisement artwork.
6. Assist with the production of marketing collateral in line with recruitment campaigns e.g. promotional items, publications and websites (internal and external).
7. Support conversion activities throughout the student journey (enquiry – application – enrolment and beyond).
8. Supporting the RM Officers and working closely with Digital Marketing to assist in the creation of content to enhance student recruitment activity and promote the work of the recruitment marketing team to internal and external audiences.
• Demonstrable evidence of taking pride in delivering professional services and solutions
• Ability to work together in an environment of equality, trust and respect to deliver services that strive to exceed the needs and expectations of customers
• Demonstrable evidence of providing a caring approach to all of your customers ensuring a personalised and positive experience
• Educated to A-Level standard with relevant work experience
3. Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Demonstrable delivery of excellence in customer service – a professional telephone manner is essential
• Excellent grammar and copywriting skills appropriate to the target audience.
• Assisting with the delivery of marketing activities including high-quality digital content
• Highly self-driven with strong organisational skills, responsible for overseeing and improving office processes (with training provision)
• High level of IT literacy and experience of tracking budgets and producing reports as required
• Ability to work under pressure retaining exceptional attention to detail, multitask and meet deadlines
• Good team spirit and a commitment to working with others
4. Desirable Criteria:
• Ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh
• Experience of using online purchasing systems and website content management systems
• Previous experience of working in Higher Education
For informal enquiries, please contact Gemma Williamson firstname.lastname@example.org