2019 Startup Roadshow Competition for Syrian Entrepreneurs
Deadline: August 25, 2019.
Taking on a tour in search of the top Syrian-led startups across the Middle East, the roadshow is calling on Syrian students, young professionals, and entrepreneurs with business ideas to transform them into startups ready to take on the world.
They are looking for the relentless spirits, the inventive minds, and the transformers who turn problems into challenges and take on the entrepreneurial journey with unquenchable thirst. They are looking for those who question the word impossible and believe their dreams are stronger than the odds. Are you one of them?
- Startup teams must have at least one Syrian entrepreneur (ownership agreement might be requested).
- Attendees must obtain legal residency in the countries where they are joining the bootcamp training. (Residency must be issued on a date prior to the training).
- All teams must be well completed; no solo entrepreneurs will be admitted.
- The project has to be innovative in its field and present a novel solution to an existing problem.
- The project has to be scalable and the team should be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of their revenue and profit model.
- Applications can be in any industry with a focus on social and economic development impact, providing a solution to a problem.
1. During the bootcamp week, the Startup Roadshow will be supporting teams living in different cities within the same country, covering transportation costs. However, no accommodation can be offered.
2. The Roadshow will hold the semi-finals in each of the 5 cities, where 2 finalists from each location will be crowned.
3. At the end of the tour, the 2 finalists from each location will head off to Amman for a Demo Day, where the 3 winners will be selected. But there’s more! Other than the prizes, the lucky winners will take off to Amsterdam, to showcase their startups at the SPARK Ignite Conference.
- First prize: $ 15,000.00.
- Second prize: $ 10,000.00.
- Third prize: $ 7,000.00.