2019 Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships at LSE UK
Deadline: April 29, 2019.
The standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships is a fully funded opportunity for students of African origin. The aim of the scholarship is to support brilliant African students who do not have the financial means to pursue their desired master’s degree studies at LSE. The scholarship is targeted specifically at students from any of the African Countries where standard Bank maintains their presence. Preference is, however, given to students from the following countries South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Angola, Mozambique, and South Sudan.
These scholarships are generously supported by Standard Bank of South Africa PLC.
They are to support academically gifted students who do not have the financial means to pursue further studies of this nature. The successful candidates will need to demonstrate a combination of exceptional academic merit and financial need.
1. Applicants will ordinarily be resident in one of Standard Bank’s African presence countries, with a preference for residents of South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Angola, Mozambique and South Sudan.
2. The scholarships are available for students that have an admission offer from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) in any of the following master’s programme:
- Environmental and Development
- Environmental Economics and Climate Change
- Public Management and Governance
- Finance (full-time)
- Finance and Private Equity
- Risk and Finance
- Real Estate Economics and Finance
- African Development
- Law and Accounting
- Economics and Management
- Management Information Systems and Digital Innovation
- Management and Strategy
- Financial Mathematics
- Also, MSc Economics and Philosophy
The three scholarships will each provide £40,000, towards the fees for the programme and the remainder towards living costs.
To apply for LSE funding for programmes beginning in September 2019, you must:
1. Submit your application for the programme (See how to apply for graduate study at LSE)
2. Submit your Graduate Financial Support Application Form via the Graduate application tracker
3. Receive an offer of a place (conditional or unconditional) by 5pm UK time on 26 April 2019.
4. Please complete Section G: Personal Statement of the Graduate Financial Support Application Form in order to be considered for any other LSE Scholarships for which you meet the criteria.
5. If you only wish to be considered for the Graduate Support Scheme, you do not need to complete the personal statement.
6. The outcome to your Graduate Support Scheme application will be displayed after you have received an offer. Successful applicants selected for other LSE Scholarships or awards will be notified by email by the end of July 2019.