2019 Spindle Award for Best Innovation
Deadline: June 30, 2019.
Each year The Spindle rewards the best innovative concepts in the field of international development. They welcome innovative applications from all over the world and from all types of actors and organisations.
If you or your organisation has a prototype of a product or project, which contributes to an inclusive, just and a sustainable world you are ready to join! Have you recently developed a new way of approaching a challenge at work? Did you write a new policy or provide a new service? Or did you deliver a new programme that changes the way things were done before? Did you basically find a new solution to a problem recently that your target group would consider valuable? Then you might have an innovation in your hands that could win The Spindle Award for Best Innovation. Dare to share!
- The project is set up more than 6 months ago but is not yet over 2 years old before the time of submission
- The project finds itself in a phase somewhere between ‘tested concept’ and ‘early upscaling’. Meaning, it cannot be large scaled-up projects.
- The submission should contain a clear explanation on how the project contributes to one or more of the themes of the Spindle
- You or another representative of your project is available to come to the Netherlands from the 10th to the 11th of October and participate in the Partos Innovation Festival
1. The shortlisted applications (the 10 finalists) come to The Netherlands to meet fellow contestants, network with potential donors and present a pitch to the jury.
2. The teams are in the running to win The Spindle Award for Best Innovation at the Partos Innovation Festival in the presence of peers from around the world, a delegation of the most important Dutch NGOs and win a grant for the numbers 1,2 and 3 (€15.000, €10.000, €5.000).