2019 South African Reserve Bank (SARB) Global Fintech Hackcelerator @ Southern Africa competition
Deadline: September 8, 2019.
Applications for the Global Fintech Hackcelerator @ Southern Africa are open.
The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) today launched the 2019 Global Fintech Hackcelerator @ Southern Africa competition. The Global Fintech Hackcelerator, powered by KPMG Matchi, is a fintech acceleration programme that creates a platform for fintech firms to demonstrate their innovative solutions to complex financial challenges in the Southern African region.
1. Fintech firms from anywhere in the world can apply to participate in the programme, to address problem statements constructed by the SARB.
2. The South African Reserve Bank calls fintech firms to submit their innovative and sustainable solutions to challenges identified within the financial services industry.
Each Global Fintech Hackcelerator @ Southern Africa 2019 winner will:
- receive a stipend towards travel expenses to attend the 2019 Singapore Fintech Festival;
- get an opportunity to pitch their solution live during the Hackcelerator Demo Day at the 2019 Singapore Fintech Festival and engage with industry experts;
- receive funding to develop a contextualised proof of concept, to be deployed within a year from the Demo Day; and
- work with high-value corporates to contextualise a solution to their needs, while obtaining market entry into the Singapore and Asia-Pacific region.
Over and above the Global Fintech Hackcelerator @ Southern Africa gains, the top three winners at the Singapore Fintech Festival will each receive a cash prize.