2019 Social Enterprise Awards Scotland
Deadline: July 7, 2019.
Social enterprise in Scotland are delighted to announce the launch of the Social Enterprise Awards Scotland 2019.
Held in Autumn each year, the awards are the biggest celebration of social enterprise in Scotland, recognising innovation, impact and success in social enterprise – businesses that aim to change the world for the better.
This year there are six Scotland awards categories:
Category 1 – Social Enterprise of the Year Scotland
Category 2 – One to Watch
Category 3 – Social Impact
Category 4 – Market Builder
Category 5 – Environmental Social Enterprise
Category 6– Social Enterprise Champion Scotland
If you are entering any of the above categories your organisation must be a Scottish-based business that defines itself as a social enterprise using the following criteria:
- Has a clear social or environmental mission that is set out in its governing documents.
- Is an independent business and earns more than half of its income through trading (or is working towards this)*
- Is controlled or owned in the interests of the social mission.
- Reinvests or gives away at least half of its profits or surpluses towards its social purpose.
- Is transparent about how it operates and the impact that it has.
*please note to be shortlisted for the UK Awards your business must earn more than half of its income through trading.
1. The winner of each award will receive a fabulous prize package including a ticket to the UK Social Enterprise Awards 2019 and a unique artwork trophy.
2. The winners in categories 1 – 5 will also automatically be shortlisted for the UK Social Enterprise Awards
Please remember that your application will be judged against a set of generic criteria:
- Business/Sustainability of the organisation
- Strength of reason to win