2019 SDSN Youth Membership Application
Deadline: November 30, 2018.
On September 25th 2015, 193 member states of the United Nations adopted a set of 17 Sustainable Development Goals which will guide the social, economic and environmental actions everybody takes to achieve a sustainable future by the year 2030. This landmark agreement serves as a framework of global aspirations for the world to commit to in order to address the biggest global challenges of our time. They call upon all stakeholders – governments, businesses, civil society, academia and of course, youth, to work together in creating solutions that will meet the goals and their targets.
As young people and inheritors of this planet, we must spearhead the movement of transformation. Equipped with passion, creativity, energy and idealism, we can bring about generational change, challenge the status quo and secure a more prosperous and peaceful future.
1. Membership in SDSN Youth is free and open to student associations, youth-led and youth-focused organizations and other institutions dedicated to youth empowerment and the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals.
2. Member Organizations should have expertise or be active in one or more areas related to sustainable development and commit a substantial amount of their own work towards finding and/or implementing solutions for sustainable development.
By becoming a member of the SDSN Youth your organization will join a unique network of young problem solvers and contribute to practical solutions for sustainable development. We will work together to:
- Educate young people about the SDGs and lead them to pathways for achieving the Goals.
- Connect young people globally to exchange ideas, share experiences and collaborate to achieve the SDGs.
- Support young people in the creation and scaling of innovative solutions for the SDGs.
1. To join SDSN Youth, please submit an application via the online application form below.
2. Please note that applications received by email will not be considered.
3. Applications are reviewed quarterly by SDSN Youth Executive.
In case you have any questions please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.