2019 Royal Society University Research Fellowship
Deadline: September 3, 2019.
University Research Fellowship is for outstanding scientists who are in the early stages of their research career and have the potential to become leaders in their field.
Research must be within the Royal Society’s remit of natural sciences, which includes but is not limited to biological research, chemistry, engineering, mathematics and physics.
You can apply for this scheme if you:
- have between three to eight years of research experience since your PhD by the closing date of the round. Career breaks are taken into account, please refer to the scheme notes for further detail
- do not hold a permanent post in a university or not for profit research organisation
- do not hold, or have not previously held, an equivalent fellowship that provides an opportunity to establish an independent research group and therefore independent researcher status
The scheme provides:
- Research Fellows salary: 80% of the basic salary costs up to £40,681.46 in the first year, estates costs and indirect costs
- Research expenses:
– Contribution to research expenses of £13,000 in year one and £11,000 per year thereafter
– Additional research expenses of up to £40,000 in 2020/21 will also be awarded
- Research assistance:
– Contribution to a postdoctoral research assistant and/or a four-year PhD studentship
– Equipment costs
– Support for public engagement activities
– Funding for training and professional development for the Research Fellow and any staff or students supported by the grant