2019 Peace Revolution 4th Amani Training for Africa
Deadline: August 3, 2019.
In yet another training, WPI brings together young leaders from Africa, willing to rethink their existence and their space in leadership from within. These are society champions, who believe that true peace and happiness starts with oneself.
Are you still reading? Then perhaps you are the one we are looking for. The training introduces you to yourself through the ancient practice of meditation, the art of self-discovery and self-empowerment, as well as group dynamics and sharing.
This training provides you with:
1. Tools and practices to nurture your inner peace, good habits and mindful leadership skills such as self-discipline, mental clarity, and compassion. Those tools are destined to take you to the next level of your overall performance.
2. A space to connect, share and learn among other young people from across the continent. This is an opportunity to awaken the pan-African spirit and collaboration in your projects for sustainable peace and positive development in Africa and the world.
3. An opportunity to inspire your community as a Peace Agent: A Peace Agent is an active peace builder who guides others in the endeavor of building sustainable peace starting with their own practice and community sharing.
- Candidates must be residents of any of the African countries except Egypt. However, residents of Egypt may apply for our international training. More details are available here:
- Candidates must have completed 42 days of the online self-development program before the eligibility deadline. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Candidates need to submit a PIPO Proposal (included in the application form).
- Candidates have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- Candidates should be optimistic, open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in self-empowerment and social change.
- Prior to the training, candidates should show their commitment towards consolidating peace and self-development in their community by organizing:
- 1 online Special Ops with at least 15 people or 1 offline Specials Ops (Live Special Ops) with at least 30 people.
- 1 offline Specials Ops (Live Special Ops) with at least 10 people + 1 online Special Ops with at least 10 people
- 1 Self-development Workshops (Mini PIPO)
- Start and/or sustain a Peace/PIPO Club
- Full or partial airfare sponsorship
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation