2019 NAVS “Art for Animals” Competition for Young Artists in the US
Deadline: July 26, 2019.
This year, in celebration of NAVS’ 90th anniversary, we once again invite artists of all ages and skill levels to get creative and give a visual “voice” to those who cannot speak for themselves.
What does compassion for animals mean to you? How has society’s view of animals changed over the past 90 years? What will compassion for animals look like in another 90 years?
Whether you’re paying tribute to an animal in your life, or appreciating animals in the world around you, we want to see how you picture compassion for animals with your entry for Art for Animals 2019. Your artwork could appear in print and online messages from NAVS, and on greeting cards and on social media throughout the year.
1. Open to young creative artist in the US.
2. Submissions may be digitally-created artwork, as well as digital images of original paintings, illustrations or photographs.
3. Artwork files may only be submitted via email, CD/DVD-ROM or portable flash drive
Cash prizes will be given to First, Second and Third Place winners, one Youth (age 12 and under) winner, and one Best in Show winner.
- Submissions must be original work.
- Save your submissions using the following format:
[Example: Animals in Winter_John_Doe.jpg]
- Please refrain from using religious symbols or portraying animals in clothing.
- Submitting artwork for consideration grants NAVS permission to feature the artwork online and/or in print publications in perpetuity. The artist will always be given full credit.
- Submit no more than three works of art per person.
- NAVS reserves the right to not award all prizes if contest submissions are not suitable.
- Entries must be received by July 26, 2019.
- Include the following information in the body of your email or attached to your CD-DVD/ROM or flash drive:
HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT ART FOR ANIMALS 2019:
- Email files to: [email protected] with the words “Art for Animals 2019” in the subject line.
- Mail CD/DVD-ROMS or flash drives to:
Attn: Art for Animals 2019
53 W. Jackson Blvd., Ste. 1552
Chicago, IL 60604