2019 NATO Internship Programme
Deadline: March 17, 2019.
Do you study Architecture, Infrastructure and Facilities Management or Engineering?
Do you study Aeronautics,Engineering or Human Resources?
Do you have a background in Media or Journalism?
Do you speak Russian, Ukrainian or Arabic?
Are you able to conduct independent research and analysis?
The NATO Internship Programme has four main objectives:
- To provide the Organisation with access to the latest theoretical and technical knowledge that the intern can apply through practical work assignments, as well as with additional staff resources.
- To provide interns with an opportunity to learn from the NATO community and get a better understanding and a more balanced view of the Organisation.
- To contribute to creating a more diverse workforce.
- To expand understanding of NATO in Alliance countries.
In order to apply for an internship at NATO, you must fulfil all criteria outlined below on the application date:
- Age: you will be over 21 years of age
- Nationality: you will be a citizen of a NATO Member State.
- Educational status:
- you will be a university student: you have completed at least two years successfully and are enrolled in your third year or
- you will have obtained your highest degree less than a year ago
- Languages: you will have proficiency in one of the two official NATO languages (English and French), and a working knowledge of the other will be considered as an asset. Knowledge of other languages will be an advantage as specified in the internship description.
- Internship stipend: If you are selected through the NATO-funded programme, you will receive a monthly stipend of 1,049.65€ (based on 2018).
- Travel: Upon the confirmation of the start date of internship by the Internship Office, we will provide you with a prepaid flight/train ticket (based on a return economy ticket and for an amount of up to 1,200€). If you travel by car, we will be reimburse you travel costs as well.
- Leave: You will be entitled to have 15 days of leave for the full period of 6 months.
In-house training: During the internship, we organize an Induction programme and various briefings to provide you with an overview of NATO’s activities and structure. The monthly briefings constitute a unique opportunity to meet and discuss topics of interest with highly experienced staff across the Alliance. Visits to external institutions are also part of the training programme.