2019 Musser International Turfgrass Foundation Award of Excellence
Deadline: December 1, 2018.
The Musser Foundation’s primary purpose is to promote the advancement of Turfgrass science by supporting exceptional graduate students studying in the Turfgrass specialties. At our annual Board of Directors meeting in February, I will recommend to the Board that we grant our “Award of Excellence” with a significant amount of cash to a doctoral candidate, provided we have applications from graduate students that meet our criteria.
- A minimum Grade Point Average of 3.4 for the last 2 years of undergraduate study.
- A thesis problem which is well conceived, soundly based on good science, with innovative new concepts and is relevant to solving key basic problems facing the Turfgrass industry.
- Extracurricular activities, which suggest strong leadership potential.
- Current research objectives in the main stream of Turfgrass science and culture.
- Candidates must be in the last year of their Ph.D. program and must have successfully completed the written and/or oral preliminary exams.
- If an applicant has attained their Ph.D. during the current calendar year (2018), they are still eligible to be a candidate for the up coming Award of Excellence.