2019 MultiChoice Talent Factory Film Academy for aspiring African Talent
Deadline: June 14, 2019.
MultiChoice is launching a call to entry for the MultiChoice Talent Factory (MTF) Academy class of 2019. We’re recruiting aspiring African talent – that’s you – to gain theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in cinematography, film editing, audio production and storytelling. Sixty talented students from 13 African countries will get the chance to hone their film and television production skills alongside industry greats. This year-long, funded, programme will be supported by MultiChoice Talent Factory academies hosted in Kenya, Nigeria and Zambia. Students will create quality local content that will be broadcast on our local M-Net channels on the MultiChoice platform.
MultiChoice Africa expects students selected to participate in the MTF academies to be:
- Highly passionate about film and television
- Highly engaged and committed to their work in the academy
- Highly focused on extracting the maximum value from the opportunities afforded to them
- Willing to work at all levels of operation to gain a holistic understanding of a very demanding, highly complex environment
- To understand that their ongoing participation in the academy depends on having a professional work ethic at all times – in attitude, output and learning.
Applicants who hold a qualification must:
- be over 18 years of age;
- be citizens and residents of the countries from which they are selected by MultiChoice to participate in the MTF Academy initiative, namely Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe;
- be fluent in English in terms of speaking, reading and writing;
- demonstrate passion for the drama, film, television or related media and entertainment industry during selection interviews; and
- have completed a relevant qualification from an accredited and/or recognised tertiary education institution in drama, film, television or a related media field, within the last 2 years. For the avoidance of doubt, the said qualification must be obtained only from a post-secondary education institution which has been accredited or recognised by a relevant registered institution
1. MultiChoice Talent Factory graduates will also get to showcase their portfolio of work on the MTF Portal – a database for film professionals across the continent, where they can access job opportunities, keep up to date with industry news, and expand their network.
2. MultiChoice Africa will be providing academy students with a fair and reasonable monthly stipend, calculated at industry standards and in line with MultiChoice Africa’s HR policies, to meet their living expenses. For students who need to relocate, a housing allowance and travelling costs will be provided