2019 Microtraction Scout Program for African Technology Entrepreneurs
Deadline: August 7, 2019.
Microtraction was founded in 2017 to be the most accessible and preferred source of pre-seed funding for remarkable African technology entrepreneurs building companies and products that solve important challenges being faced on the continent.
At Microtraction, they understand that we have to innovate on Africa’s innovation infrastructure. Our model of investing is a slight deviation from the standard incubation model and we have looked at how some of the best VC funds in the world have tried to solve this same problem i.e. How do you increase diversity of deal-flow, increase awareness and reach entrepreneurs/startups as early as possible.
Their goal is to identify and invest in the very best founders regardless of geography. Africa has 54 countries with very diverse technology ecosystems each of which requires local network and insights to understand market dynamics and identify the best investment opportunities.
A Microtraction Scout is someone who will identify startups in their own local ecosystem, invest and support those companies with Microtraction’s financial & business capital.
They are looking to partner with individuals that
- can be ambassadors of Microtraction in their local ecosystem
- agree, understands and is willing to support Microtraction’s goal, mission and thesis
- are people-friendly, supportive, humble and empathetic
- have a great eye for spotting high-trajectory individuals and high-growth companies
- are well connected and deeply understands their local community/market
They’re open-minded about your background; however, it would be brilliant if you have had some experience in at least one of the following fields:
- Software Engineering
- Product Design and Branding
- Startup Operations
- Community Building
- Journalism and PR
- Growth Hacking
- Network — Direct exposure and access to Microtraction’s high-quality network of investors, founders, advisors, operators, and business partners
- Personal Growth — Great opportunity to build meaningful relationships and learn more about angel investing and its processes in emerging markets
- Personal Brand — Speaking opportunities at events, scout website portal, and publicity through our channels
- Fulfillment — A sense of fulfillment of being part of a company that is focused on improving the economy of the African continent
- Carry — Carried interest on the deals shared and made.