2019 MbeleNaBiz Business Plan Competition for Kenyans
Deadline: September 2, 2019.
The MbeleNaBiz business plan competition (“MbeleNaBiz”) is an initiative of the Government of Kenya, under the Kenya Youth Employment and Opportunities Project (KYEOP). MbeleNaBiz aims to expand new and existing youth-led enterprises by providing them with grant funding and/or business plan training. MbeleNaBiz is implemented by the Micro and Small Enterprises Authority (MSEA) and the Ministry of Public Service, Youth and Gender Affairs (MPYG), with support from the World Bank. KPMG has been contracted to manage MbeleNaBiz.
- Age: The lead applicant and majority (at least 70%) of the shareholders must be aged between 18 and 35 at the time of application.
- Level of education: The lead applicant must have completed a minimum of Form 4 qualification or equivalent.
- Nationality: The lead applicant must be a Kenyan national. Kenyans living abroad are eligible to apply but will need to demonstrate that they will live and operate the business in Kenya should their application be successful.
- Geography: The business must operate in Kenya.
A total of 750 successful applications will be notified and be awarded either Ksh 900,000 or Ksh 3,600,000. Some applicants will also have the opportunity to receive training in business plan preparation.
1. Online application
Visit the application page on www.mbelenabiz.go.ke or
2. Paper application:
- For those youth without access to the internet or a computer, it will be possible to submit a paper application form through a Youth Development Officer, a listed partner, or by attending one of the MbeleNabiz workshops
- We strongly encourage submission of applications online, however, as capturing information through paper applications has a much higher risk of mistakes
Be aware that there is no application fee, so please do not make any payment to apply to the Competition.