2019 Mastercard Foundation Youth Engagement Internship Program
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based in Toronto, Canada with several offices in Africa. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company.
The Youth Engagement Intern will report to the Senior Program Manager, Youth Engagement and Networks who is responsible for the planning and implementation of youth engagement activities in the Program team area. This position is a six-month paid contract.
Youth Engagement Support:
- Providing administrative and logistical support for youth advisory groups across the Foundation.
- Working with Senior Program Manager, Youth Engagement and Associate Program Manager, Youth Engagement to pilot cross-cutting Foundation alumni strategies.
- Conducting desk research on youth profiles, policies and institutional frameworks for country teams.
- Provide ongoing support to young people who we invite to attend and speak at events.
- Managing and maintaining database of youth for Foundation and country programs.
- Other duties as required.
- Providing logistical and creative support for Foundation events as they arise.
- Support and mentor young people who are selected to speak or participate in Foundation events.
- Provide administrative support for coordinating teleconferences and face-to-face meetings, writing minutes, etc.
- Provide other logistical and project development/management support, as necessary.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant subject matter. Graduate-level qualifications are welcome.
- Minimum one (1) year of work experience in international development. Experience relating to youth, an asset.
- Demonstration of the Foundation’s core values of listening, respect, courage, humility, innovation, and collaboration.
- Knowledge of and experience in Sub-Saharan Africa particularly desirable.
- Detail-oriented in research and analysis; able to create briefs and reports from multiple sources of information.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. The role requires an individual who is flexible, organized, and able to manage a range of job duties.
- Experience with social media platforms (video an asset).
- Excellent prioritization, organization and time management skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English required.