2019 Launch and Grow – Fellowship for Kenyan Women Entrepreneurs
Deadline: February 15, 2019.
Launch and Grow: The Kenyan Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership Program” is a unique first-of-its kind program offered to select groups of both emerging women entrepreneurs and seasoned Kenyan women entrepreneurial leaders. The Women for Africa Foundation, through collaboration with Babson College and Banco Santander, will offer a transformational and very unique learning experience designed to accelerate the impact and success of the participating entrepreneurs’ businesses. The program includes an intensive one-week residency at Babson’s main campus located near Boston, Massachusetts, USA in addition to e-learning, coaching, and mentoring post-program in Nairobi.
This blended learning program will feature a carefully designed mix of in-person and online lectures, interactive exercises, coaching and mentoring. Above all else, the focus is on applying learning so that new ideas can be immediately translated into action. A sampling of topic areas include:
• Entrepreneurial Thought and Action®
• Vision and values and building your culture
• Creativity and design thinking
• Business model development
• Building effective teams
• Marketing and brand building
• Growing and scaling your ventures
• Learning and growing from Failure
• Strengths based power and influence
• Creating effective mentor relationships
• Building your networks and community
1. The program will accept applications from two groups of participants, both of whom must be founders/owners/CEOs/ or Managing Directors of registered companies.
2. The maximum number of participants, in this edition, will be 14.
3. All business women living in Kenya, regardless of their citizenship are eligible.
4. It falls under the responsibility of the selected candidates to be in possession of a valid visa to travel to the United States in June 2019.
1. The applicants awarded with the grant will receive a 845 euro Travel Allowance.
2. The grant will cover the expenses related to the accommodation in Babson College during the one week intensive training as well as all the tuition fees concerning the training.