2019 King Baudouin Foundation Call for Projects: Business Partnership Facility-Enterprises for SDGs
Deadline: February 12, 2019.
On the initiative of, and with financing from the Directorate-General for Development Cooperation (DGD), the Business Partnership Facility awards subsidies to support and develop private sector involvement in Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) in developing countries. The projects targeted by this call must contribute to achieving at least one clearly- identified SDG.
The Facility aims to simultaneously achieve two types of result:
• social impact: creation and maintenance of jobs, improvement in average income for families with low incomes, access to affordable goods and services for those on low incomes (by gender), inclusion and economic development of women and young people with low incomes, positive impact on the environment through saving resources, reducing emissions and by preserving biodiversity etc.;
• economic viability: partnerships must clearly explain how the supported initiatives will become sustainable, present a competitive financial performance and show signs of potential scalability and replication.
1. Each applicant must be part of a partnership that brings together actors from the private sector, civil society, academia and/or the public sector.
2. The partnership must comprise at least one organisation from the for-profit private sector.
3. Partners may be Belgian, European or international legal entities, under public or private law
- The BPF provides non-repayable funding of up to 50% of the total investment needed to implement the project.
- Funding is between EUR 50,000 and EUR 200,000. This amount reflects only the BPF contribution, so the total project budget must be larger (between EUR 100,000 and EUR 400,000 minimum).