2019 Invest2Impact Competition for Women-Led Businesses in East Africa
Invest2Impact is a programme of the Development Finance Institutions (DFIs) of Canada, France, the United Kingdom and United States, in partnership with the MasterCard Foundation, as part of the global 2X Challenge. (What is a DFI? Click here. More about the 2X Challenge: click here.)
Invest2Impact starts with an on-line competition for women-led businesses in Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. Our aim is to be a partner that recognizes and celebrates the power of women entrepreneurs and that helps you to operate as close as possible to your maximum potential.
1. Your business must be based (registered and operating in) one (or more) of the following countries: Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda.
2. Your business may operate in a country/countries outside of the above list but must be majority owned (more than 51%) by at least one woman who is a national of one of the countries listed above.
3. The competition is open to both small and medium-size businesses. The Invest2Impact sponsors and partners are looking for businesses that require funding in the following categories:
- Funding up to USD100,000
- Funding between USD100,000
- Funding between USD3-million
- Funding for more than USD8-million
4. To enter, a business must have been operating for at least three years, and meet ANY TWO of the following three criteria:
- At least 5 employees;
- Revenues of at least USD50,000 per annum;
- Assets of at least USD50,000.
5. Businesses which support the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are particularly welcome to enter and can score additional points in the entry form
1. By entering the competition you could be selected as one of 100 women entrepreneurs to participate in the Invest2Impact
2. Access funding and business support programme.
3. Win a share of USD85,000 in prizes.
1. The first step is to enter the competition using the on-line entry form.
2. The form is designed to evaluate what type of funding support is right for you. It also allows you to apply for the other business support.
3. Their panel of business experts will review all entrants and select the 100 Invest2Impact 2019 participants.
4. You will be kept informed of the progress of your entry, and you will be informed of the competition results as soon as they are available.