2019 Inclusive Global Leadership Initiative’s Summer Institute for Women
Deadline: March 15, 2019.
The Inclusive Global Leadership Initiative (IGLI) is pleased to invite nominations for our third annual Summer Institute, to be held in collaboration with the U.S. Institute of Peace from August 24-31, 2019, in Colorado and Washington, D.C. The 2019 Summer Institute will convene leading women-identifying activists from the frontlines of movements to advance peace, justice, and human rights across the world. The Institute will offer these activists opportunities for training, networking, and learning on how to wage effective nonviolent movements for social change in their communities.
1. To be eligible, women must be currently involved in community organizing, civil resistance efforts, or other grassroots work around issues related to peace, justice, and human rights (broadly conceived).
2. They welcome self-nominations. Candidates should have experience with and an interest in learning about nonviolent strategies to affect change.
3. They must be conversant in English and able to travel to attend the entirety of the Institute.
1. IGLI is a project of the Sié Chéou-Kang Center for International Security and Diplomacy at the Josef Korbel School, and will cover all costs associated with travel and lodging for the selected participants.
2. Letters for obtaining a visa, in addition to reasonable visa expenses (if required), will also be provided.