2019 HP Life BeChangeMaker Program for Social Entrepreneurs
Deadline: April 15, 2019.
BeChangeMaker 2019 has launched with a call for applications to take part in this year’s program.
BeChangeMaker is an exciting, online social entrepreneurship training competition created by WorldSkills International and the HP Foundation to offer people ages 18–35 a chance to develop their potential as social entrepreneurs.
Working in teams, participants take HP LIFE courses and receive support—including coaching, tools, and mentorship—to help them develop a viable business model to solve a social issue while using the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals as a framework.
At the end of the three-month program, five teams will be chosen to pitch their business ideas live at WorldSkills Kazan 2019 in Russia. Judges will select three teams to receive €1,000 in funding and additional support in developing their business.
1. Form a team of 2 to 5 people who share the same vision and are between 18 and 35 years old. Choose a team leader.
2. Introduce your team and share your social challenge in a 1-min video. Upload the video to YouTube as unlisted – this is to be included in your online application.
3. Submit your online application – the team leader is to submit the application on behalf of the team by 15 April.
4. Teams will be selected to officially join the programme – announcement to be made on 26 April. BeChangeMaker 2019 will kick off with an orientation on 29 April.
1. ACCESS TO HIGH QUALITY LEARNING CONTENT ON HP LIFE: Begin your journey as a social entrepreneur by taking HP LIFE online courses: Starting a Small Business, Design Thinking, Basics of Finance, Social Media Marketing, and Finding Funding.
2. TECHNOLOGY FOR STARTUP ACCELERATION: Access to powerful tools and workflow that enable you to better collaborate with your teams, apply your learning, and create your work quickly and effectively.
3. DEDICATED COACHING AND CUSTOMIZED SUPPORT: Receive virtual coaching and support to accelerate your training progress, as well as regular feedback and mentoring to ensure that you are on the right track.
4. CONNECTION TO A DIVERSE GLOBAL NETWORK: Network with teams from around the world who strive for a cause. Tap into and get connected with WorldSkills and HP’s global network of experts, mentors, potential supporters, and investors.