2019 GWP-C Young Caribbean Water Entrepreneurs Shark Tank Competition
Deadline: October 15, 2019.
Global Water Partnership-Caribbean (GWP-C) has for many years, recognised the critical importance of creating avenues for young people to become involved in water governance and management ventures. Development challenges in the Caribbean will ultimately be inherited by the region’s youth. Young people are providers of solutions and have ideas and energy to act for sustainable development.
GWP-C’s Young Caribbean Water Entrepreneurs Shark Tank Competition seeks to provide a unique opportunity for young persons from the Caribbean between the ages of 18 to 34 years, to pitch innovative and impactful water project ideas to support better water resources management in their community, country or the Caribbean region under the themes:
- Water and Climate
- Water and Agriculture
- Water and Health
- Water and Energy
- Water and Tourism
Participants will have the opportunity to pitch their ideas directly to investors (sharks) for a chance to secure seed funding of 4,000 Euros, to advance their innovative water-related project idea.
1. Open to young persons from the Caribbean between the ages of 18 to 34 years
2. Open to applicants fromAnguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cuba, Curaçao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Saint Lucia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Cayman Islands and Turks and Caicos Islands.
- All entrants in the competition will receive a certificate of participation to recognize their efforts and interest in water sustainability.
- The competition’s seven (7) finalists will each receive a personalized plaque.
- The winner of the competition will receive a special plaque and seed funding of 4,000 Euros to further develop their innovative water project idea.
- The winner of the competition and the other finalists will also have their projects featured on the Youth for Water and Climate (YWC) platform for additional exposure.