2019 Girlboss Foundation Grant Awards
Since launching in 2014, the Girlboss Foundation has awarded over $130,000 in financial grants to female-identifying entrepreneurs, empowering them to turn their innovative ideas into the companies that will shape the future. Grants are awarded on a biannual basis to individuals pursuing entrepreneurial endeavors.
1. Grants are exclusive to female business owners in the worlds of design, fashion, music, and the arts.
2. To be eligible, applicants must identify as female, be US residents, and be 18 years or older by the close of the submission window.
Each grant beneficiary will receive project funding of $15,000, in addition to exposure through the Girlboss platform and community.
Their selection committee is comprised of Girlboss staffers and led by Sophia Amoruso. The committee reviews all applications submitted within the period and judges each project based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation in the specific field (30%)
- Demonstrates business acumen and forward planning (30%)
- Demonstrates financial need (30%)
- Proposed timing, work plan, and budget are clear, detailed, and achievable within the next 12 months (10%)
Show us what you’ve got! Grant applicants are required to submit an example of their work—so please share a link, or mail in a submission. In addition, here are other specifics we’ll need from you:
- Your Details
Mailing Address (Street Address, City, State, Zip Code)
- Project Title
Give us the headline on your work!
- Description of Project
Use this space to tell us about your project. Describe what you do, and tell us why it demonstrates creativity, innovation, and business acumen. What makes your project a standout in your field? We’re all ears.
- How Will You Use The Funds?
This is your opportunity to explain your business’ need for the funds and how you are proposing to use them. The more detailed you can be here, the better!
- Description of End Goal
Projects should be achievable within 12 months of awarding, so please give us an idea of your plan. Tell us what you expect to achieve if selected to receive a Girlboss Foundation Grant.
- What Else Should We Know?
This is your last chance! Provide any extra info you think might help with our decision.
To submit your project:
- Option 1: Share a link
- Option 2: Mail It In
Please submit a project by mail to:
The Girlboss Foundation
2046 Hillhurst Ave, #112
Los Angeles, CA 90027
- Include in your package your full name and project title as submitted here. Note: physical submissions will not be returned! Please send copies or duplicates only.