2019 FYA Young Social Pioneers Program for Australian Youths
Deadline: July 5, 2019.
Over ten years, Young Social Pioneers has become a powerful community of trailblazers who use their initiative, imagination and resourcefulness to address some of society’s most pressing challenges.
The program is designed to back and support young people with the initiative, drive and ideas to lead change in their communities and across the planet.
An alumni of 300 Young Social Pioneers now count on one another for opportunities and support and regularly come together to collectively achieve impact.
1. They know that responding to complex social challenges requires a range of approaches, disciplines and kinds of social innovators. Young Social Pioneers reflect this diversity and applicants may identify as social entrepreneurs, creatives, advocates, thought leaders or intrapreneurs.
2. The common characteristics are that you have a clearly defined social or environmental problem you wish to address, a viable idea as to how you might approach it and the background and motivation needed to go forward.
3. Applicants must be aged between 18-29 as of July 5 (when applications close), lives in Australia and your project must fall within the focus area of one of the bootcamps.
4. Young people of all backgrounds, cultures, religions, locations, physical abilities and walks of life are encouraged to apply
Young Social Pioneer bootcamps will provide you with:
1. Development of your initiative & skills: Tailored support on iterating ideas, taking initiatives to market and scaling, depending on your stage of development. There will be a particular focus on business strategy, fundraising, marketing and financial management.
2. Collaboration opportunities: Facilitate opportunities for collaboration and partnerships between participants and the broader social innovation ecosystem.
3. Communication: They help you develop the ability to clearly and persuasively communicate your initiative.