2019 Finance and HR Internship at UWC International Office London
Deadline: April 19, 2019.
UWC makes education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future. To fulfil its mission, UWC has 17 schools worldwide, alongside over 155 mostly volunteer run national committees which select UWC students. The UWC International Office is the executive arm of UWC International, a UK registered charity, and is situated at the heart of the UWC movement. It is currently located in an office in central London (a second office will soon be opened in Berlin). The UWC International Office collaborates closely with all stakeholders from across the UWC movement, engages the UWC alumni community of more than 60,000 members and serves UWC International’s governance bodies. Responsibilities include global fundraising, global communications, promotion and marketing, supporting the national committees in their daily work and growth, global strategy development and implementation and assisting the schools and colleges. Fund Development is one of the core functions of the UWC International Office, as over 80% of national committee selected boarding students at UWC schools and colleges receive a scholarship to enable access to a UWC education independent of socio-economic means.
The Finance and HR teams provide support for the running of the International Office . We are looking for an intern to provide support mainly in the Finance and HR Team, but also including general office support. The internship will be for ten weeks during our busy audit preparation period.
- Preparing invoices for payments and support teams with queries about payments;
- General financial data entry and recordings using Sage 50 Accounts;
- Support during the audit process. This includes supporting preparation of audit folders, support with the drafting of financial statements and preparation of materials during auditors field work;
- Support with the annual survey of schools and colleges and national committees. This includes ensuring data coherence, supporting respondents with queries and supporting team with data analysis;
- Supporting the recruitment process. This includes advertising and tracking vacancies, liaising with applicants, preparing shortlisting documents and booking interviews
- Organising staff summer team outing
- Auditing HR files for Tier 2 compliance (training will be provided)
- Other HR work including pensions and organising training for staff
- Provide cover for the office administrator
- Support teams with other tasks as needed.
- approach all tasks with enthusiasm, drive and care, with an eye for detail;
- be willing to learn and able to prioritise tasks;
- be able to maintain a high level of professionalism and organisation in all aspects of work, including an ability to maintain confidentiality.
- have very good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- have good numeracy skills, in particular Excel / Google Sheets. Knowledge or willingness to learn how to use data visualisation tools such as PowerBi a plus.
- Being part of a global organisation at the forefront of international education for peace, at its head office in the centre of London;
- Hands-on experience in a stimulating and multicultural working environment, with excellent learning opportunities to strengthen valuable professional skills;
- Direct contact with UWC constituents, leading individuals from around the UWC movement and thought leaders in the field of intercultural education;
- Opportunity to meet and socialise with UWC alumni and like-minded peers from all around the world during UWC events;
- Opportunity to gain deeper insight into the work of the UWC movement across all players;
- Opportunity to gain practical experience in accounting, finance, HR and data analysis;
- References upon successful completion of your work at UWC International
1. Please send your CV with a covering letter (each no more than two pages) that relates your experience to the requirements of the role to email@example.com. Please indicate how you have heard about this role.
2. In your application, please also provide the name, roles and contact details of two referees. We will not contact them without letting you know. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.