2019 European Union Sustainable Energy Awards
Deadline: February 4, 2019.
The EU Sustainable Energy Awards recognise outstanding innovation in energy efficiency and renewables. Nominees/finalists are chosen from a shortlist of the year’s most successful projects for clean, secure and efficient energy. With prizes awarded by an expert jury and European citizens, the Awards competition highlights new ways to shape Europe’s energy future.
1. ENGAGEMENT: Recognising activities with high social acceptance potential, inspiring and motivating citizens to change their energy usage habits.
2. LEADERSHIP: Recognising activities that, if replicated, can contribute to the European energy and climate targets and long-term decarbonisation objectives, having significant socio-economic benefits.
3. INNOVATION: Recognising outstanding EU funded activities that show an original and innovative way to the sustainable energy transition.
4. YOUTH: Recognising outstanding activities carried out by or targeting young people (below 30).
1. The organisation running the activities, projects, actions must be based in the European Union and the activities, projects, actions must be carried out within the European Union.
2. The aim of the Awards is to collect and showcase outstanding activities, projects, actions. Academic studies and theoretical research projects without any long-term, real-scale application directly linked to sustainable energy are therefore not eligible. Activities promoting commercial products already on the market are also excluded.
3.The activities, projects, actions must be ongoing or not concluded before 30 June 2018. Activities, projects, actions which are still at the planning stage are not eligible.
4. Activities, projects, actions which have previously been shortlisted as EUSEW Awards finalists cannot participate a second time. Organisations or individuals which have previously been shortlisted are eligible if they present new activities, projects or actions.
5. Activities submitted for the Youth Award should be carried out by or targeted to people below 30 years old at the time of implementing the activity.
6. Activities submitted for the INNOVATION Award should be carried out only by on-going or concluded EU-funded Projects.