2019 EQUALS in Tech Awards for Projects that Empowers Women and Girls
Deadline: June 11, 2019.
The EQUALS Global Partnership is pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for the 2019 EQUALS in Tech Awards.
Each year, groundbreaking initiatives from around the world are invited to submit nominations for their work to bridge the gender digital divide.
Organizations and individuals can nominate their own initiatives or those of others for an award in one of the following categories:
1. Access: Initiatives related to improving women’s and girls’ digital technology access, connectivity and security
2. Skills: Initiatives that support development of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills of women and girls
3. Leadership (In two subcategories):
Initiatives focused on promoting women in decision-making roles within the ICT field
Initiatives promoted by tech sector companies to bridge the digital gender divide
4. Research: Initiatives prioritizing research on gender digital divides and producing reliable evidence to tackle diversity issues within STEM and computing fields.
They are looking for innovative initiatives and projects promoting gender equality online and in the tech sector. Eligible initiatives and projects should:
Reach girls and women in an impactful way;
Have the potential to scale or be replicated once reconfigured/adapted to other contexts;
Work in collaboration with partners
1. Winners will be flown from around the globe to attend and receive their awards, to share their inspiring stories, and to build their professional networks with other winners and attending EQUALS partners. The awards demonstrate just how impactful ICTs can be for women and girls to improve their personal and professional lives.
2. They also get to meet and mingle with like-minded entrepreneurs, investors, activists, teachers, and leaders. And they join an Advisory Panel that chooses future award winners.