2019 Embassy of Ireland IDEAS Master’s Scholarship Programme
Deadline: January 11, 2019.
The Embassy of Ireland in Vietnam is calling for applications from Vietnamese candidates for theGovernment of Ireland – IDEAS Scholarship programme 2019-2020 for Vietnamese candidates, under the Irish Development Experience Sharing Programme (IDEAS). A total of up to 30 full scholarships will be awarded to Vietnamese candidates to pursue Masters study at Irish higher education institutions in the following areas:
1. Agriculture and Rural Development, Environmental Science
2. Food Science
3. Pharmacy and Biotechnology
4. Engineering, Hydrology, Sustainable Technology
5. Information and Communication Technology
6. Management, and Business Related
7. Economics, Finance and Accounting
8. Others: Tourism and Hospitality Management, Interactive Digital Media, Creative Practice, Public Relations
The purpose of the Irish Aid IDEAS Scholarship Programme is to provide talented candidates with the opportunity to pursue advanced education and professional development in Ireland in order to contribute to the future development of Vietnam.
Vietnam with an area four times the size of Ireland has a population of over 88 million, and ranks 121st out of 187 countries on the 2014 UN Human Development Index, compared to Ireland’s 11th. Ireland’s engagement with Vietnam through Irish Aid has focused on reducing poverty and inequality through the implementation of programmes designed to strengthen the delivery of basic services and social protection to the poorest and most vulnerable sections of society, the promotion of inclusive economic development, the growth of the private sector, and increased accountability by the State to its citizens.
- Years of experience: Minimum 2 years of full time work experience after undergraduate education.
- Academic qualification: Academic qualifications required by your chosen course.
- Language proficiency: English: IELTS: 6.5 overall (Academic); no band under 6.
- IELTS results must be no more than 24 months old by 1st September 2019. TOEFL certificate is not accepted
- English language requirements can vary across courses and institutions, with some courses stipulating minimum scores in each band. Please check the specific requirements of your chosen course on the course webpage. Please note that an IELTS certificate will still be required even in circumstances where an applicant has studied in English at undergraduate level as evidence of language proficiency may still be required when applying to courses in Ireland.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of their home country on completion of studies.
- Be able to take up the scholarship in the academic year for which it is offered.
- Provide a letter of reference from employer.
- Meet any relevant procedural requirements of the Government of Vietnam.
1. Scholarship awards cover: visa fee, international airfares, full tuition fees, public health insurance, monthly stipend to cover accommodation and subsistence costs, settling-in allowance, and books.
2. Scholarships are for individuals for full-time study of up 12 months duration for Masters programmes.
To apply, please fill in the attached application form.
A completed application package should include the following documents listed by order:
1. Your CV (maximum 2 pages).
2. A certified copy of academic transcript and degree.
3. Letters from two academic referees with original signatures (not e-signatures).
4. A certified copy of English language certifications.
5. Copy of your passport (identity page only) and Vietnamese identity card, each on A4 sized paper.
6. One letter of reference from your employer.
7. Three copies of completed application form, available at www.embassyofireland.vn (go to News & Events), should be submitted to the following address by 11 January, 2019:
Irish Aid IDEAS Scholarship Coordinator
Embassy of Ireland
2nd floor, Sentinel place, 41A Ly Thai To
Failure to provide any of the above documents will render your application incomplete. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be held in Hanoi and/or Ho Chi Minh City in the end of March 2019. Scholarship award winners will be announced by July 2019. Application and supported documents will not be returned to unsuccessful candidates.