2019 Digital Lab Africa Competition
Deadline: January 13, 2019.
The Digital Lab Africa call for projects targets artists, producers, designers, start-ups, students in the media and creative industries. The call is open to anyone from Sub-Saharan Africa having an innovative project in 5 categories of multimedia production : web creation, virtual reality, video game, animation and digital music.
DLA is looking for projects at initial stage of development, in need of partners and financial support and innovativein terms of narration, content or technologies.
I. VIDEO GAME: The video game category is open to all prototypes/concepts of video game for any type of device (mobile, computer, game console etc..). Video game projects with creative storytelling/experience and using innovative technologies will be considered first.
II. DIGITAL MUSIC: The Digital Music category is open to any project that offers an innovative online music user experience that includes services, solutions and / or multimedia content. Content / solutions / services can be addressed to the general audience and / or professionals from music industry. The project must be designed for use on web platforms and / or mobile applications.
III. VIRTUAL REALITY: The virtual reality category is open to any content offering an immersive experience to the audience, on any type of device (computer, smartphone, headset..), using immersive technologies (360°, virtual reality, augmented reality, mixed reality, 3D interactions… )
IV. WEB CREATION: The Web Creation category is dedicated to all linear and non-linear format offering an innovative storytelling and/or an immersive/interactive experience for the audience. This category includes all content, regardless of the genre – fiction, documentary, series, TV format, magazine, entertainment, news… – produced to be viewed mainly online (first digital content). This category targets projects that combine several media (transmedia) or offer a cross media strategy and which aim to attract an audience, engage with it and retain it.
Email the following application files (in French or in English) to [email protected] before January 13th, 2019
- Pitch deck / Presentation document (PDF, PowerPoint or Word) including:
– project’s overview, concept, statement of intent…
– development and production schedule, provisional budget, target audience and strategy
- Visual element and/or research document
– Storyboard / mood board / graphics / portfolio / screenplay (for web creation, animation or VR projects
– Game design document (for video game projects)
– Any preview, pilot or video demo of the project (if available, for all types of projects)
- A cover letter explaining why you want to be part of the DLA Mentorship & Incubation program (1-page maximum)
- A resume/curriculum vitae of the applicant and/or description of the company represented
- A picture (.jpeg) of the applicant