2019 DFID Zimbabwe Health Specialist Recruitment
Deadline: August 2, 2019.
DFID is looking for an experienced and motivated health specialist (i.e. to become a DFID accredited health adviser) to lead our work in the health sector in Zimbabwe.
1. You will be a part of the Basic Services Team which encompasses our work in health, education, WASH and energy.
2. You will provide technical and strategic oversight for our policy and our investments in health systems strengthening, maternal, new-born, child and adolescent health, family planning, nutrition and health security, including preparedness and response for disease outbreaks.
3. You will work closely with the Ministry of Health and Child Care and other development partners including bilateral donors, UN agencies and the private sector.
4. You will also provide technical and strategic oversight of the UK’s other investments, for example, the Global Fund on AIDS, TB and Malaria, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance and other central and regional health programmes. You will build networks and relationships with key persons in the Ministry and Health and Child Care providing technical assistance and policy advocacy.
5. You will be comfortable working at a senior strategic level under pressure and at pace with autonomy.
1. Master’s Degree in Public Health or an equivalent Master’s in a relevant technical
area (e.g. epidemiology; health planning and finance; health economics;
demography and health)
2. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the health sector at a strategic / leadership
3. Good written and spoken English
4. International experience of working in different health systems overseas
5. Experience of working for international donors or multilateral agencies
6. Programme and staff management experience
7. Familiarity with risk identification and mitigation