2019 Deutsche Welle Journalism Traineeship in Bonn and Berlin, Germany
Deadline: January 10, 2019.
Deutsche Welle is looking for young people from all over the world, who are interested in a comprehensive and exceptional journalism traineeship program. DW is a German broadcasting house that works all over the world. Candidates should have journalism experience or be passionate about switching to journalism from technology/IT, economics or other related sciences.
Deutsche Welle (DW) is Germany’s international broadcaster. It produces in-depth, and credible content for radio, television and online in 30 languages. DW is complemented by DW Akademie – an international media development organization that fosters the right to freedom of expression and access to information in 50 countries around the world. As a German public broadcaster, DW is proud of its varied and high-quality journalism that provides a space for a wide range of voices and contributes to media diversity.
- Native speaker of one of DW’s languages and have excellent English and German skills.
- Completed university degree, college degree or apprenticeship (we are especially looking for those with a background in technology/IT, science, politics or economics)
- Basic journalism experience
- Content published or broadcast
- Creative mind
- An excellent judge of journalism content
- Social media experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both within teams and individually
- Strong MS Office skills, basic audio, and video production skills, data skills.
- Applications from women are explicitly welcome
- Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration
- The trainees will gain the acquisition of a broad base of journalism skills. Technology training across TV, radio, and online will be provided.
- Focused seminars will be delivered by experienced trainers.
- The opportunity of placements with various DW editorial departments in Bonn and Berlin as well as in one of their foreign bureaus in Brussels, Washington or Moscow- will be given. The placement can also be with partner broadcasters in Germany, Europe, or worldwide.
- The chance to produce a larger journalism piece based on the trainees’ is there. Salary will be paid throughout the traineeship.