2019 Decagon Institute Software Development Program for Nigerians
Deadline: January 30, 2019.
Decagon is a software engineering institute ushering in a new phase of tech-powered growth and prosperity in Nigeria by training and deploying an army of leader-developers. With a project-based curriculum, agile delivery methodology, mentor matching, and leadership modules, we transform any fast learner into a world-class software developer in just six months.
1. FULL-TIME IMMERSIVE 6-MONTHS PROGRAM: Our program takes a year’s worth of learning and compresses it into six months, but our unique methods enable our developers to iterate and scale rapidly.
2. LEADERSHIP + AGILE METHODOLOGY
Our elite developers are equipped with agile methodology techniques and a leadership mindset that enables them excel in any team worldwide.
3. TRAINING IN STATE-OF-THE ART FACILITIES: Using the latest software tools and teaching methods, our students are empowered with world class software development skills that gives them the competitive edge they need.
4. FULL STACK DEVELOPMENT TRAINING: Our students are trained on both front-end and back-end development as well as the functional knowledge needed to take a concept and turn it into a finished product.
1. Minimum age for application is 18 years. Great learning and cognitive ability
2. Applicant must possess a WAEC certificate.
3. Applicant 18 years and above.
4. You do not need an NYSC certificate to apply for and participate in the program per se. However, if you intend to complete NYSC or are currently in the process of completing it then you will need to wait until after you complete service to join Decagon. Decadevs will be expected to begin work immediately after the six month program and need to avoid any conflicts with NYSC requirements.
5. Open to applicant from Nigeria.
1. World class curriculum & instructors: Their curriculum was developed under the guidance of lecturers and industry leaders from Oxford, Stanford and Google, who have had real world experience and have worked on various successful tech products.
2. Start your career in tech: In addition to equipping you with the knowledge and skills you need, we will also place you in globally competitive job. Paired with one of our top-notch local or international hiring partners, you will earn a middle-class salary.
3. Learn now, pay later: With our Learn-Then-Earn payment credit, you pay back the cost of the program plus a modest premium once you start working. We also offer discounts for early repayment.
4. Developer mentors to guide you: You will be paired with experienced developers to help you on your journey. At the end of the day, you will join an elite network of tech leaders.
1. Apply: Fill out our application form and get a link to our home study resources, an easy-to-follow introduction to coding.
2. Take Test: Applicants will then be invited to take an online assessment based on the content covered in the home study.
3. Get Interviewed: Those who perform well on the assessment will be invited to an in-person behavioural and technical interview.
4. Join Bootcamp – Finalists will be invited to our intensive two-week bootcamp, from which a new squad of Decadevs will be selected.
5. Become a Decagon Fellow – The highest performing participants will be accepted into our 6-month Decagon Elite Software Development Program.