2019 DAAD In-Country/In-Region PhD Scholarships at Strathmore University
Deadline: February 28, 2019.
he German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in collaboration with The Initiative to Develop African Research Leaders (IDeAL), KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) and Strathmore University are pleased to announce that they are offering up to 5 PhD scholarships in Health Management.
They invite highly qualified candidates to apply for these scholarships. Potential candidates are invited to read the application information below and should strictly adhere to the set guidelines while submitting their applications.
- The Scholarship is open to citizens of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- You must have Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree qualification with at least above average results
- You should have proof of admission to Strathmore University for the indicated programme or official letter assuring admission.
- Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- The scholarship includes full tuition fees, monthly stipend at DAAD rates, limited contribution research costs. However, please note that this is not a full scholarship, as DAAD will only provide funding as stated in the scholarship information sheet.
- Successful applicant will be registered at Strathmore University and supervised by renowned health systems researchers from the university and the KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme. They will also have access to various generic skills training offered by IDeAL
1. Applications for DAAD PhD scholarships at Strathmore University must be in the following program/field of study:PhD in Healthcare Management.
2. PhD proposals must demonstrate relevance to development.
3. Scholarships are available for up to a maximum of three years. The scholarship will be initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual application to DAAD
Submit all the documents listed in the Requirements for Application document and the DAAD information sheet 2019/2020. Please download the requirements document here. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Click here to download the Reference Form.
- Click here to download the Graduate Application Form.
- Click here to download the DAAD Information Sheet.