2019 Curatorial Internship Program
Deadline: March 1, 2019.
The Curatorial Internship Program is designed to share the CCA’s expertise with students and young professionals in architecture, the design disciplines, the arts, the humanities, and cultural studies who are interested in exploring editorial and curatorial work in architecture. Selected candidates will have the opportunity to become acquainted with the CCA’s curatorial approach—in particular its collection, exhibitions, editorial projects, and research programs—through a nine-month internship in Montreal beginning in the fall of 2019.
Under the guidance of the Chief Curator, the interns will collaborate in the research for and preparation of exhibitions, publications, educational initiatives, public programs, and communications and collection activities.
1. Students and young professionals born on or after 1 January 1989 are eligible for the annual curatorial internships program, regardless of citizenship and place of residence.
2. The languages in use at the CCA are English and French
The program provides a monthly stipend of $2,500 CAN over a period of nine months calculated to defray costs of living in Montreal (subject to the income tax laws of Canada and Québec).
Applications should be submitted through the CCA online application portal and consist of the following documents, in English or in French, in a single PDF file (5MB maximum):
1) A critical analysis of 750 to 1,000 words of a CCA collection object, event or exhibition;
2) A curriculum vitae detailing education, professional experience, working languages, and any other relevant information;
3) Contact information for two academics or professionals who are familiar with the candidate and his or her work.
Only applications through the CCA online application portal will be accepted.